I have been given the opportunity to go to Kenya next month with a good friend, Barry Partridge who has been visiting there for a number of years.
We are leaving on 1st May and will be spending 2 weeks in Komorock, an underprivileged area of Nairobi, working with Pastor Samuel Olweny and his wife Pamela who pastor a church and also run a school.
We will be working with children for much of the time and also preaching and ministering in the church. If you would like to support us as we go, we would really appreciate this. Here are some ways in which you could help;
– that we would be able to bring a relevant Christ centred message to those we will be working with on the trip that will really make a difference to the lives of those we meet.
– that the Lord would use the trip in our lives to teach us new things
– that we would be kept safe and healthy throughout .I’ve had plenty of vaccinations but that doesn’t mean we’ll be immune from any number of potential lurgies!
– Thanks to Kenya Airlines’ generous luggage allowance we will be able to take quite a lot of small items with us here are a few things that we are hoping to take
– Pens, pencils and felt tips
– Colouring books
– New Testaments and Gospels
– Reading glasses
– T shirts and shorts
– Its not much of an exaggeration to say that £10 of English money has an equivalent purchasing power of £100 in Kenya. There is always far more need than we can hope to meet but even small amounts can make a really big difference.
I will not be in church for the next 2 weeks, but we will be there on 28th April just before we go, so you can either contact me beforehand or see me on in church on 28th April.
My mobile no. Is 07785 250169